Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bringing in the New Year Healthy

 
 
We are now approaching the end of January of the New Year and like many others I made a resolution to try to eat healthier. I purchased this Perfect Tortilla Pan Set for my husband for Christmas and we have switched to chicken and turkey for a really healthy alternative rather than eating beef and pork. I cook the ground turkey or shredded chicken with some onions and cut up jalapenos and add some taco seasoning while it is browning. I also cut up some avocados, cilantro, tomatoes, lettuce, japalenos, add shredded cheese, and some light sour cream. I put the meat in the tortilla after it comes out of the oven - it's perfect by the way, add the toppings and then I make some spanish rice on the side and beans for a rather delicious dinner. We alternate days with the meat. One day we have ground turkey, the next day we do the shredded chicken and we have even tried rotisserie chicken. The greatest thing of all ~ my kids and my hubby absolutely love it and can't wait for dinner time. And I have to say that my tummy is feeling better with this healthier eating also! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment